We are working with industry leaders and have established a cyber solution centre with state-of the-art cyber range capabilities focused on researching, assessing, and validating the security and resilience of a wide range of technologies, infrastructures, and systems for our customers.
Over the last few years, more and more Information Technology (IT) has been incorporated into Operational Technology (OT). An obvious by-product of this convergence is the introduction of cyber threats heretofore the exclusive domain of IT systems now targeting OT. Significant steps have been taken to protect OT from such threats, but as the convergence continues, risks to OT will continue to increase. We will generate innovative methods and commercialize products to mitigate these risks and protect municipal, provincial, and national critical infrastructures.
We are looking for a Full Time Permanent, Cyber Security Architect with a broad background in cyber security. You have strong professional expertise in IT and OT and can understand complex principles and apply them practically. You can balance real-world cyber security risks with business drivers such as speed, agility, flexibility and performance and present concepts or findings to both technical and non-technical team members and external customers.
Together with the Cyber Security team, we research and develop Critical Infrastructure Toolsets (CITs) and methodologies used to test and ensure the resiliency of existing and future operations-critical IT and OT systems against cyberattacks. We aim to mitigate the risks arising from the use, process, storage, and transmission of information – from a people, process, and technology perspective.
- Ability to understand customer needs to recommend and implement adequate cyber security solutions.
- Competence in examining security from a holistic view, including threat modeling, risk, and vulnerability assessment
- Hands-on experience to integrate cyber security solutions together in an Enterprise IT network.
- Ability to use automation, orchestration, and scripting tools to manage existing and future systems.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with your internal and external partners/stakeholders
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proven strong technical background with 3-5 years of proven Architect experience
- Experience with major cyber security frameworks, such as NIST Cyber Security Framework, NIST 800-82, ISO 27001/27002, CIS CSC (Critical Security Control), ISF.
- Experience in one or more of these areas: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Architecture and Engineering, Communications and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations, Software Development Security.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Mathematics or other equivalent education with proof of continuous development of Cyber Security related professional knowledge and/or skills
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, GICSP, CEH, OSCP, etc., or other related cyber security certifications would be viewed as a strong asset
- Knowledge or experience of Security Operations Center (SOC) technologies such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Intrusion prevention System (IPS), and machine learning technologies is an asset
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a successful Controlled Goods Program Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- The exact tasks, skills, and work conditions may change over time.
- Work Location: Calgary, Alberta
- From $140,000.00 per year
- Supplemental Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
- Onsite/Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Reside in Calgary, AB:
- Calgary, AB: On-site and off-site work
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- 3 years cybersecurity experience (required)
- CISSP (required)
Apply For This Position
"*" indicates required fields